Aerthal Dawnbreaker

Post  Aerthal on Tue May 03, 2011 8:12 pm

Teaser...

Aerthal

Back to top Go down

Decay, a disgusting thing

Post  Aerthal on Tue May 03, 2011 10:47 pm

Decay, a disgusting thing

Undercity, the city of sewers. Endless corridors attached to a combination of tombs and rooms filled with either bones, dust or mindless undead. On a rare occasion, one was faced with a creature that had some sense left in them. Forsaken or not, it didn't mean they always had the majority of their brain left to contain a hint of sanity in it.

Nevertheless, Aerthal had seen none of the sane ones. He hadn't seen anyone at all. He had wandered the corridors and empty rooms for hours now. His walk was determined, knowing full well where he was going but there was no end to the labyrinth. The damp walls had gone darker and gloomier, and began to depict something Aerthal hadn't seen on these walls before. They were new. Some of them were drawings like those on ancient cave walls and some actual paintings hung upon the walls. The frames were partly broken and they weren't exactly straight.

They were drawings and paintings of children and newly-born infants. The children played their games happily on fields and in gardens. The newly-born were wrapped in clothing, asleep. However, as Aerthal progressed through the sewers, the art began to change. They took a turn for the sinister. The children and newly-born first darkened, one piece of art at a time, they gradually changed, decayed, finally being nothing more than a pile of bones and dust.

Aerthal

Back to top Go down

Re: Aerthal Dawnbreaker

Post  Aerthal on Thu May 05, 2011 7:55 pm

Aerthal

Back to top Go down

Chains

Post  Aerthal on Fri May 06, 2011 7:06 pm

Chains

No doubt the paintings and art, if they could be called such, were grotesque. The art resembled something of madness, and one could imagine that perhaps the author's hand was led by it. Rather than being an actual master-piece, they were drawn with a hasty hand. Like as if they were forced to draw such atrocities.

"No matter" Aerthal thought and pressed on towards his goal. It wasn't the first time he had faced something awfully peculiar within the Ruins of Lordaeron, or rather under them. The occasional screams of pain and horror led Aerthal to his location. Reluctantly, but he knew what had to be done. Oddly enough, he couldn't quite understand why. Why would he ever approach such an awful noise? He is a Sin'dorei. He would rather be in the comfort of his own city. These thoughts slowed down his steps but it was no reason to stop. He knew it was his duty.

Finally Aerthal arrived to his destination. Into a room as damp as the rest of this Light-forsaken place. A few torches adorned the walls of this small room creating dim lighting to the packed chamber. In the center, chained to the floor from both of his wrists, a male troll was moaning in pain on his knees. His back was bare with several wounds from a whip. The setting was obvious. Around the poor troll were three Forsaken. Two of them held on to the other ends of the chains that led to the wrists of the troll on both sides via a loop attached to the floor. They created an unescapeable situation to the imprisoned allowing no loose chain or quarter.

The third Forsaken opened his mouth to speak to the dark corridor that Aerthal arrived through. Aerthal couldn't quite make out what the Forsaken said but it was short and obvious. The Forsaken offered the whip to Aerthal and at that moment he knew what he was here for, what he had to do.

Aerthal

Back to top Go down

From the Darkness

Post  Aerthal on Sun May 15, 2011 11:00 pm

From the Darkness

The whip was in his hand. The troll laid on his knees in front of him with his bear back. The Forsaken grinned beside him gleefully awaiting the upcoming. Everything was set and ready for the event. In a fluid and determined movement, Aerthal slid the whip in front of him, resting the tip of it upon the cold and damp cobblestone floor. He then continued the movement, sweeping the whip over his head, proceeding to swing the tip of the whip against the bare back of the troll.

The pain was crushing, causing ache to climb up and down all over his body. Aerthal's vision blurred and a screeching sound rang in his ears. Aerthal fell to his knees. He couldn't quite understand what was going on as he slumped down. Time slowed down as the pain took its time to reside in his body.

Aerthal pressed his hand upon the wooden floor, supporting his weight to look up. He couldn't see clearly yet as the pain never really wore down. The room was blurred and dimly lit. All that remained was a wooden chair in the center of the room. Aerthal climbed up to sit upon the chair to clear his mind. Looking at his hands, he found himself to be clothed differently, without armor and weaponry. He merely wore a red robe with a pair of sandals.

Aerthal finally had the time to examine the surroundings, realising that it wasn't at all the dungeon that he had entered. Rather it was an empty room with a window to his left and to his back. Dim lighting entered the room through the windows, sourcing from the moon most likely. His vision was still blurred and he couldn't quite recognize where he was exactly, however it felt familiar. There was a closed wooden door in front of him, a few steps away. The walls were made of stone. A human establishment it was, most probably, or rehabitated by the Forsaken atleast.

The wooden floor creaked on the other side of the door. Aerthal's both hands grasped the chair on either side of his thighs. He froze as the creaking approached. He couldn't move, even if he tried. Something held him in place. The creaking stopped and the door knob started to come alive as it was turned. It became dark and he could only see the door.

Aerthal

Back to top Go down

Patient Horror

Post  Aerthal on Tue May 24, 2011 5:44 pm

Patient Horror

The room had darkened completely save for the now-vast door in front of my immobile body. I couldn't budge a muscle and my eyes were locked upon the shaking handle of the wooden door, awaiting what was to come through it. I had firmly grasped the chair by its sides, hoping it would give me the protection I needed from the horrors that patiently awaited behind. I feared that it wouldn't be enough but it was all I could strain myself into.

Windows appeared on either side of the door not a meter further from it. My eyes jumped from an object to another, horrified. From window to door, from door to window. Paralyzed and terrified beneath the neck, I could only see what was to face me now.

A yellow pair of widened eyes darted into the view behind each window, showing a figure of a bald head that the eyes belonged to. And not a moment later the door began to open, slowly revealing what horror could have awaited this long. The light of the Moon went gradually brighter and brighter, almost to the point of blinding me for good as the door opened wider.

The obstacle was now moved fully aside, presenting a surprising sight. The figure was fully illuminated, and I could see her clearly now. Clothed in but a pure white and slightly oversized garment. She wore no jewelry nor other accessories, exactly as I remembered her. The smile upon her face relaxed me and I sat awestricken, I minded myself loosening the firm grasp upon the chair. Her hair flowed gently in the nightly breeze outside almost unnaturally, and I felt my body released from the paralysis of the horrors that I had expected.

But it couldn't be - she had died.

Aerthal

Back to top Go down

The Awakening

Post  Aerthal on Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:12 pm

The Awakening

The vast door was fully opened, revealing a sight unexpected by Aerthal. He had began to relax while sat on his chair, however boggled by the thoughts and the recollection of memories he had of the woman in white garments. A gush of wind blew through the door past the woman carrying a scent Aerthal could remember like it had been yesterday.

But then it was all taken from him. In a matter of seconds, it all happened. The hope of her existance stripped from him. The culprits - a pair of scaly hands grasped the woman by her hips and arms pulling the woman backwards. The expression upon her face turned from calm to frightened, in terror of what was happening. Her mouth clearly spelled the words "help me" but her voice was muffled and distorted. The creatures were like ghouls grasping the helpless woman more violently as she struggled to escape from them, but in vain. Their yellow eyes gleamed in the night, and as they looked back towards Aerthal, a smirk was evident.

In mere seconds, she was taken further and further from him. The sheer horror of the event had struck him motionless yet again. The experience was as nightmarish as the first time it had happened. He had lost her again, and the confrontation was too much to handle. Like a gush of wind as a cause, the door was pulled back and closed violently shaking the old foundations of the abandoned house.

The thunderstorm grew stronger outside. The wind was ever more powerful and the rain splashed against the roofs like pebbles. Yet another lightning strike. Aerthal opened his watered eyes, gasping for air yelping at the dream. He raised himself on his elbows only to realize that he was back in his bed, at home - or apartment more like. A small combination of a few rooms, too modest for a proud Master Blood Knight. He preferred it this way. An apartment in the Murder Row would only throw him closer towards the criminal life of the few hopeless individuals - his words.

Nevertheless, this was not the time to worry about the size of the apartment. The dream had struck him good. This was the first time he had seen it. So vivid and detailed, yet so very confusing and frightening. It was not a moment later that Aerthal noticed something new in his apartment. Next to his bed right at the side of his head, he kept a small table, a nightstand. On it he would place his valued possessions, including the insignia of the Blood Knights, a ring with an emerald gem attached to it, a ceremonial dagger that he always keeps with him, and recently, the Talisman of the Hand of the Titans. An idol stood next to the previous items. Not higher than the length of his dagger, no wider than the size of his fist. And yet its presence was frightening for Aerthal had no recollection of placing it there when he retired, nor ever owning such an item.

The black idol depicted a creature ducked over a pedestal while its other arm reached out for the surface of it, and the other rested upon its supposed knee. The clawy fingers scraped against the pedestal. Its head was a grotesque combination of a human and a fish. The corners of its mouth were retracted almost to its fin-like ears. Reply to this post with a "Hey", if you're still reading this crap. The lips were bloated like those of a frog and the head was framed by multiple tentacles protruding from the back of the head and rested upon its shoulders like hair. The eyes were undetailed, merely a pair of balls simply residing in their sockets like without a purpose. The idol was made from material unknown to Aerthal. Although he is an experienced miner who had faced a many sort of materials, he had not, ever, seen anything alike before.

Despite its horrific presence, Aerthal had taken it into his hands to examine it. He was now leaning against his knees, holding on to the peculiar object that had appeared on his nightstand. A knock on the door, and conveniently followed by a lightning strike. Aerthal shoved the idol into the drawer on the nightstand. He wondered why he hid it but gave no further thought to it before grabbing the dagger and the robe from the coat rack. He hastily threw the robe on him and went for the door. He pressed himself against the door, casually holding the dagger behind his back. He took a deep breath...

Aerthal

Back to top Go down

Rejoice

Post  Aerthal on Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:49 pm

Rejoice

The huge hall decorated with long red curtains was filled with people from different and a variety of origins. Human, night elves, orcs, blood elves, all were represented numerously. Men, women, old-timers and children. All of them worn in red attires, robes, tunics, whatever the men and women, and their children could have harvested from their homes. Gold was no factor in the united community, it didn't represent status. Nobles and beggars, soldiers and peasants, tightly knit into a single mass of people. A community that loves its each member equally.

They were all anxiously waiting for their speaker to arrive to the huge staircase in front of them. Excited and joyful, they smiled to eachother for the much waited event has finally occured. Finally, their speaker had arrived and the crowd raised into a roar. The speaker's attire was similar, a red robe, yet adorned with a set of shoulder pads. Obviously he was one of the most respected ones in their community.

The speaker raised his arms and the crowd went silent. A few yelps of excitement could still be heard but they went silent quickly. The speaker smiled knowing full well that the crowd would already know what was to come, what he had summoned them for. He took his time to cherish this moment, peering at the ones closest to him. And they in turn smiled to him, welcoming him with a polite nod.

The speaker began his message of joy. His voice was a mix of excitement and fright.

"For years. Decades. Centuries! We have waited for aeons for this day, for this time to come! And now, my dear friends, it is here. We have undergone difficult times in our past and yet we have prevailed. And how is this ever possible? How would such a small community ever prevail such mockings and persecution? - Because of our faith! Our faith brought us here. Without it, we would have been eradicated by our persecutors. Those unbelieving of a better future, a dream of a life! A reality in which no man would ever know violence, to inflict it or receive it.

I have received a dream from Our Beloved, the Nameless One as we have kindly titled Him. A dream that told me of our Prophet, our leader who would finally bring an end to the warring and violence! He who will be our saviour still sleeps in his bed, dreaming of his destiny. In the comfort of his home, he still resides unknowing of his reason to live.

Soon, my dear friends, we will all be laid to our endless sleep, never to awake and cause harm to a living being again. A new beginning to our world, to flourish again, and to be molded by Our Beloved in His will!

Rejoice now, for a difficult time is ahead of us as we make our final struggle. Praised be the Nameless One!"

Aerthal

Back to top Go down

Re: Aerthal Dawnbreaker

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum